CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

ROCKIN' it @ Ledgemere


This is Cole. He totally rocks. He was the first one to rock climb and the first to repel. He did awesome at both and wants to go again. 





Posted by PicasaThis is Maggie. She totally rocks too. She was so trusting of our friends that took us (Thank you John and Michelle). She just did what they said, which is to sit down in the air, which feels really akward and unnatural, but she did it. YAY, for Maggie!
The photo below this is me and Fisher. Fisher was slow and steady and made it all the way to the top. He ROCKs too. In this picture he is watching a bit of drama involving hils mother. That behind you can see is mine. What you can't see is me freaking out and taking about 20 minutes to finally go down. Once again, patience is a virtue and our dear friends are possessers of the said virtue, thank you. I knew I wasn't going to die, I wasn't scared of that, I had done this before, in my Dixie Days. Maybe it's just the sheer face of the wall combined with being 1000's (ok, i think it was about 50) of feet off the ground, and going down backwards. All I know is that my heart was beating really fast, and I was suddenly really proud of everyone that had already gone, and noticed that I should have been much more anxious and fearful when my kids were going down. I was really happy that I had done it, and yes, I would do it again. There are no pictures of Nate because he was belaying, he was the guy at the bottom with the really important job of saving lives should anyone fall. Thanks Nate.
The next photo is our reward for bravery. A delicious dinner, tasty dessert and an awesome lesson. If you were wondering, yes, we finished off those gianormous sandwhiches.
So, you may have noticed, the pics and explanations are out of order. So, much for a quick post, I've been trying to figure that out for a while now. You are all smarty pants-es, you can figure it out better than me.

0 comments: