CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

ageing and uncool

Just a few thoughts & questions about getting older:

  • Do I really have a sister that is a Grandma. Four times?
  • Is Dad really turning 70 soon?
  • Are my nieces really having children of their own?
  • Do I really have my own kids or am I just playing house? Can I really be trusted to ensure they have happy childhoods and end up contributing to society?
  • Is Maggie really going to Jr. High next year? Young Women's?
  • Yesterday, did Cole have a very emotional morning, did I feel horrible for sending him out the door in tears? Did I go to school with a note of doting love and a Gatorade intending to score some major points and lift his spirits? Did he read the note, hand it back, look at me and say, "Mom, I can't have Gatorade in school," and turn around to go back to class. Did I make him march right back around and give me a hug right there in the hall?
The answer to all of the above is a resounding YES. Yes, I am getting older. Yes, I do have wrinkles. Yes, I am uncool. Yes, my sister did inform me that I will be the one changing Dad's diapers. Yes, my metabolism has slowed a bit. And, Yes, it's OK. I really am OK with all of the above. LIFE IS GOOD.
With age comes wisdom. " I was so much older then, I'm younger than that now," you speak the truth Bob D.

1 comments:

Darci Buhl said...

I just found your blog again! I've been looking everywhere for it, haha.
And your sister that's a grandma is really the old one...not you! Love you Jodi! We miss you guys!