CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, December 3, 2011

Fest-O-Trees

 A couple of the best people on earth. True heights depicted here.
Cristy is my tiny little friend, with a great big heart. Krista, my tall friend with a great big heart.
 Still awesome people, Cristy & Krista. A bit of squatting along with tippy toes.
I won't tell who is doing what, that's our little secret.
This tree is made out of Motorcycle tires. Awe- Some.


I had a special treat the other night. I got to be a volunteer at the Festival of trees, thanks to my cute friend Krista. She has been volunteering with her mom for years. The whole thing is quite the production, requiring hundreds, if not closer to a thousand, volunteers to pull the whole thing off. It's amazing and good to see how selfless and giving people in the community are. Everything is donated including, trees, ornaments, small trees, wreaths, gingerbread houses, centerpieces, food, quilts (which I have a fond appreciation for, knowing how much time and money it requires to make a quilt), not to mention the purchasers, accounting talents, hostessing, leadership, invoicing, time, talent and delivery, which could be anywhere from St. George to Idaho. Impressive. The money goes to Primary Children's Hospital, and I for one have told myself that it goes to families having financial troubles.
What an awesome venture involving awesome people. Hope is abounding for humanity. Look around, goodness is there in full force. Let's add to it. 

0 comments: