CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, September 26, 2011

what the?





I don't know if you can tell here or not, but in my mind, our kids should be, oh, about this size. Fisher maybe still in diapers, Maggie turning 5 and starting Kindergarten, and Cole maybe 3 or 4. Reality has struck and this is not the case. Our family is growing up. No more diapers, no more bottles, no more all nighters with the babies. Fast forward 5-6 years. Maggie just shaved her legs for the 1st time and is in the 6th grade. What? How did that happen? Fisher just lost his 6th tooth & Cole keeps asking for an iPod touch. And to my chagrin, Cole has reminded me that Christmas is in about 90 days, which is bringing on an anxiety attack. So, there you have it, life just keeps going and little moments make up one big life. I need to keep reminding myself that yesterday is never coming back so i better make it worth the memory since that is all there is left of it . Maggie told me the other day that she went to meet Fisher by the flagpole where she picks him up after school and he wasn't there. She looked around and found him sitting under a tree with a girl. She made her way over to him and asked what he was doing. He just looked at her and said "Maggie, I am growing up now." I am o.k. with the sitting under the tree part, it's the growing up and the girl part I don't appreciate. I better jump on this train and hold on tight, it's going to fly by with the speed of a TGV and I am going to miss it if I'm not careful. Maybe I'll post some reality pics of the kids soon, that just means I'll have to take some.
Posted by Picasa

0 comments: