CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Wuv, Twoo Wuv

The annual Valentine's Day Dinner & Dance at the Spencer home is highly anticipated by all. I went all out this year and bought a sandwich maker. Nate and I dressed up like servers, took orders for individual sandwich pizzas, poured grape juice into plastic goblets and the kids were in heaven. Please be impressed with my mammie dishrag hair net. Maggie, Cole, & Fisher all thought it appropriate to talk with a british accent all night, apparently an accent equates to fancy pantsy-ness. Maggie got the boys dressed in white shirts and khakis,& herself in a lovely red dress and they were ready for a night on the town, including being able to boss Nate and I around by saying things like, "Um server, more grape juice please, or my salad is out of pepperoni, could I have a side of pepperoni?" They were pretty great, Nate dressed up in the vest he wore the day we got married-he's such a sentimental guy. As per tradition dictates, the lava lamps came out and had us all mesmerized for quite some time. I am trying to relish these moments, Cole asking Maggie to dance, Fisher asking if he may please cut in on Nate and I, the family dance where we all do a big bear hug to Louis Armstrong's What a Wonderful World and go in slow circles, then right on to Cole shuffling to the Black Eyed Peas and then dancing slow circles with Nate. I wish I could freeze these moments, freeze my kids ages, freeze their innocence, but since that is not a part of reality, I choose to live in the moment and love the goodness surrounding us. Plus a little hint I learned that night, my kids were begging for more salad, apparently the secret is slicing pepperoni on top of it.
Posted by Picasa

1 comments:

Darci Buhl said...

You are the cutest family ever. Seriously.